Monday, September 15, 2008
Two New Family Members
While I did not give birth to these girls, they have become a part of our family. Meet Shirley.
When I saw Shirley over at Chris's house at http://j-a-girl.blogspot.com/ I just knew I had to have her! While in a state of panic after not finding her where I thought she should be at TJ Maxx, I not only found Shirley, but also her long lost sister. Meet Lucy.
Now Lucy used to be Shirley and Shirley used to be Lucy. While having dinner last night, Natalie declared their names should be switched because this little girl up here looks like she had a loose tooth:) Hence the name Lucy.
This little guy just happened to jump in my cart too. He does not have a name, but with a face like this how could you pass him up?!
Now here is where the problem lies...I.Should.Not.Be.Shopping!!! My husband is still unemployed and you know how much money stay at home moms make!!! So what's a girl to do? Rationalize. My birthday is in October. Someone will undoubtedly give me money, right?! Birthday money could pay for what I already bought! Right?!?! Mom, if you are reading this, cash is king:)
When we moved into this house three years ago the one thing that disappointed me was the lack of a fireplace. Not only are fireplaces warm and cozy but you get the added benefit of a pretty mantle to decorate. This CD case was meant to be in our basement but has found a place in our family room because we needed something of height in that area. It most certainly is not pretty but I treat it as my "mantle." In my dreams, I would love to have a fireplace installed. In reality I hope to someday at least have a faux fireplace. Until then I'll live with it and continue to move my furniture and accessories around every other week until I find a way I am happy with:) I hope my little, stuffed girls like their new home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



17 comments:
cute little witches. Don't you just love when you find something that you love and everytime you walk by them, they make u happy. I so love this. I understand about the whole no money thing. I am sorry to hear that your husband doesn't have a job. I hope that he finds one soon. You know, for your shopping habits and all the other neccesities! :)
I love your little pumpkin witches. I'll have to check out TJMaxx. I haven't been there in awhile. I know what you mean about a fireplace. I really want one too! Do you have anything black in your family room? Just a thought, but that book case would look good black. They remind of the stair book cases that you see in the magazines. Where did you get your "family" sign? :-)
I love your new finds!! So cute! I saw that pumpkin jar at Gordmans the other day and loved it!
Hi Aj,
It depends on what you like. Also, if you have other black in the room. I just love that family picture. I'm thinking that would look great in my foyer over the door. Hmmmmm, I just love blogging. You never know when an idea is going to pop out and hit you in the head. Thanks!
Brandee :-)
I too desperately want a fireplace. I've even thought about adding on to my home just to add a room with a fireplace. Maybe someday.
Okay, so we have the same witch. All fine and dandy. Where it gets weird is that I also have the same "Family" sign, AND my birthday is in October!! Are we the same person?? :)
I left you a comment on my blog about makeup! I love talking about makeup, you know!
You don't have your e-mail listed! What's wrong with you? ccarey1@hotmail.com
Run!!
Very cute decorations! Thanks for the comment on my site. Your girl's are adorable also! As far as using the CD racks for height, I think that is a great idea. If you want them to look more like a "decorative" mantle I would suggest getting rid of the CD cases (we put all of our cd's in cd binders and throw away the cases). If you do that you will have lots and lots of room for decorations to rearrange biweekly! Just a thought. Hope you don't mind me stopping by and commenting.
Desiree
Everyday Minerals is only online.
www.everydayminerals.com
Check out their free sample kit- you only pay shipping and get to try 3 foundations. I'd stick with "matte".
Or.... email me and let me know your coloring- I have tons of samples laying around that didn't work for me. I'd be glad to pass them on to help you find the right shade.
LOL!! I would have HAD to have them too. Your "faux mantel" is a great idea. I used to do something similar!
Shirley, Lucy and what's his name are fun, fun, fun decorations!
Your new little girls are very cute, and I love the jar.
Your little stuffed girls are adorable! I can see why you needed them for your pre-birthday present! And thanks so much for your VERY kind words about my guest bedroom! It made me feel all warm and fuzzy and gave me a doofy grin. I'm really proud of that room because almost everything in it was cheap cheap cheap. I made the headboard, window treatments,and the table skirt and reupholstered the chair that I bought at auction for...CHEAP! The bedding is JC Penney...and you guessed it...CHEAP!
I love Shirley and Lucy and wished they would make house calls. I will have to check out TJ Maxx when I am in town next. We have something in common my dh is laid off as well. Sighhhh. MY birthday isn't till December so how do I rationalize that? rofl, cherry
I like the little pumpkin jar filled with candy corn. And those little punkin' witches are cute too! Sounds like you can rationalize with the best of 'em, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, right?! Did you pick up the "cash is king" thing from Dave Ramsey?
Hello
acomplia no prescription
This receptor decrease the over activity of the endocannabinoid system.
[url=http://www.jomtienbeachhotel.com/]discount acomplia[/url]
In UK, it was available as of July 2006 and in 2008 it was readily available in 56 countries.
http://www.jomtienbeachhotel.com/ - buy acomplia on line
After this drug was introduced in the market, there have been independent studies suggested that the side effects are stronger as what is stated by the manufacturer studies.
Post a Comment