Monday, September 29, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Saturday was hubby's birthday. The girls and I got up early to bake him a cake and make him breakfast in bed. We spent the afternoon playing miniature golf and then went out for dinner at TGI Fridays.
One of the many great things about having kids is that birthdays become special again:)


Sunday afternoon was Fall Fun Fest at the girls' school. Apparently the excitment of sliding down a huDge inflatable slide makes one's eyes bug out;) Why can't they just smile nicely?


We had to leave right from the Fun Fest to go to Bill's neice and nephew's birthday party.
They weren't the only ones who got to blow out the candles on the cake! Bill was included as well as four other family members! One big cake + 6 family members blowing out candles = me choosing not to eat any of said cake. Blech. The last couple of years this has kind of been a family joke. With so many people celebrating birthdays so close together, you hate to leave anyone out so the Happy Birthday singing goes on and on and on until the candles are melted onto the cake!

This tree was right next door to my sister in law's house. One of my favorite things about this time of year are the changing trees. I especially love the ones that aren't fully changed, with just a hint of colorful leaves here and there. After looking at the weather for the week, it's apparent that summer is finally gone. Here's to hoping that we will actually have a fall season and that winter isn't too close upon us.

11 comments:

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Beautiful tree!

Happy Birthday to all the birthday folks!

The Berry's Patch said...

Happy birthday to your hubby. I also have a hard time getting my 6 year old to take a good pic. He either throws out the peace sign with his two fingers or he makes funny faces. Maybe it's a stage. :-)

Chris said...

Heeeeeyyyyyy, where are pictures of YOU?? That's a lot of birthday celebrating! Happy Birthday, hubby!

the undomesticated wife said...

Wow, look at that cake!! Yum!!!

Marie said...

Wow! Lots of birthdays! That cake looked YUMMY. :o) I love the photo of the tree...I can't wait to see the leaves changing around here.

Anonymous said...

Hey tell FRED happy birthday from Turkey and turkey toes, too.

Love ya, Christina

nikkicrumpet said...

Even with buggy eyes they are ADORABLE! And Happy Birthday Hubby!

Shannon said...

looks like yall had a great time! I love TGIF's!

Darlene said...

Happy Birthday to everyone!! Looks like a great time was had by all. I love the photo of the tree as I can't wait to see the leaves on our trees changing.

cherry said...

Your girls are just adorable. THat tree is sooo gorgeous...I wish we had them where we live...all we have are ponderosas. Your place tag holders are perfect. cherry

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a great cake! How fun!
-Sandy toes