Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall: Day Two-HA!



You couldn't tell by how my girls were dressed but it was 850 degrees here today. Yes, that's just a slight exaggeration but still! It's FALL now! Where's the FALL weather?? It was picture day at school today. Hence the picture above. Every year I feel the need to dress them this way. Thanks to global warming I'll probably be sent home pictures of the girls with sweat dripping off their foreheads! Maybe I'll have to change my ways?? On top of them being overdressed, Natalie woke up with about 5 mosquito bites on her face. How about that for picture day. The poor kid looked a mess. I tried leaving her hair down to hide some of the bites. And look at those scrawny legs:) I know she's had a growth spurt lately but I'm thinkin those socks are accentuating her bird legs? Or do I just not know how to dress her? God love her:)




My non-scrapbooking scrapbook room has been getting quite a bit of action lately! I saw these little place card holders at Target and couldn't resist. I had to dress me up some little place cards. The pictures don't do them any justice:) Can't wait for the girls to see them!



Natalie's looks a little wonky because there wasn't enough lower case letters. I'm thinking I'm going to have to change it out with some different stickers that I already have. Oh well! Now if I could just find some placemats that I actually like!

This pumpkin has found a home on my dining room table. Quite a few years back my mom made these with some stuffed fleece, twine, raffia and a paper bag for the stem. Each year I have to plump them up after being shoved in a rubbermaid. After looking at this picture though, I'm thinking that raffia's probably not supposed to be all willy nilly. Maybe she needs some tweaking! Thanks Mom:)


I also want to thank everyone for always leaving me kind comments. I started this blog because I needed an outlet. I wanted a place where I could just be me, whether it be to document things my girls say or do, post photos or just to vent. I hadn't really given a whole lot of thought about people other than my family actually reading it;) Along the way I've met some really great people. Great people who have made me laugh. I'm talking belly laughs;) And because of all of you creative bloggers, I'm feeling crafty again. Something I haven't felt in quite some time. Thanks for inspiring me!



22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the girls look great! And the place cards are soooo cute. Great idea. I need to go over to Target now.

@TiffanyRom said...

LOVE the place card holders!

The Berry's Patch said...

AJ,

Your little girls are just darling in their picture day clothes. It felt like 900 degree here today. I'm feeling your pain. The place card holders are very cute. I'm going to start looking into scrapbooking stuff soon. :-)

Marie said...

Your girls are so cute!!! I love their outfits. :o) The place card holders are adorable too. I laughed HARD at your "non-scrapbooking scrapbook room"... I have one of those rooms too. hee hee

Chris said...

Yeah, when I saw Natalie's, I thought, "Natalie's looks a little wonky." Great word! I'm going to Target TODAY, my friend. I love those place card holders. Aaaand your girls look absolutely adorable--even if they are dripping in sweat!

Anonymous said...

Aww they look cute! It's been really nice in the am here and by 3 its hot. But I'll take that over just being hot all day!

If you lived closer you could have that hutch!

Those place card holders are cute. I saw them at Target yesterday. They have so many cute fall and halloween stuff this year. I'll be there the day after halloween to get some marked down stuff for sure!
Love the pumpkin your mom made! Next year if I'm on the ball I'd like to make a couple out of toile.

Manuela

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

The girls look adorable even if it was 850 degrees. And I love those little placeholders you found at Target, they are so cute!
Carrie

Tausha said...

those place cards are darling. I think that you are lying that you are a NON scrapper. My definiont of scrapper is one who uses all the fun stuff for scrapbooking, but doesn't actually scrapbook. Yep-I'm a scrapper as well.
Who knew a girl could have so much fun with paper and glitter!
i love the holders-they are super cute as well. Target huh-I think I NEED to go.

Shell in your Pocket said...

It is so hot here! I always want to put my kids in their fall clothes but they would be so hot!

Love the place cards...so cute!
-Sandy Toes

Shanna said...

The place cards and holders are SOO cute! I may have to make a Target run...

Darlene said...

Hello I came by to visit from Marie's Watch the Wind Blow By blog. Your girls are ADORABLE!! I too am ready for some cooler weather....yes it is FALL after all!! hehehe I rhymed!

LOVE, love, love those little place cards with the scrapbook tags...cute cute!!

nikkicrumpet said...

THose girls are just to cute for words. And I love their outfits...hey sweating isn't much of a price to pay to be so beautiful and fashionable! Their little smiles just kill me! The place card holders are great...and Natalie's doesn't look wonky at all!

Shannon said...

Cute girls and cute outfits!!

I love your name cards and holders. So cute!

Tonya Staab said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my party planning blog.

Your girls are just beautiful. I'm sure those photographs will look beautiful ... now my eldest sons photographs I'm dreading as he's going through this rapper/gangsta/I don't know what the heck to look like phase. Oiy. I managed to talk him out of a couple of outfits but hopefully he didn't sneak anything out in his bag while I was drifting back to sleep.

Angie said...

You have 2 cute girls and I love their names. Your cards and holders are adorable. Don't you just love all the scrapbooking stuff!!! I am getting so many ideas of what to do with the stuff from other people's blogs!

Free Art Printables said...

Love those little holders and you have a great harvest style table! I don't know about mosquito bites, but the spider bites have been horrendous!!!!! They look really cute!

the undomesticated wife said...

I love all of your crafty things!

The girls are adorable

Joy said...

Pretty little girls and pretty little place cards. Sooo cute!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Your girls are so pretty and precious! It finally feels a little like fall here in NC! YAY!!! Your card holders and fall centerpiece below is so pretty! ~Rhonda :)

Kristen said...

Those are some cute place card holders! If I saw those I don't think I could leave them behind either!

Tanya said...

I just love those placecard holders-how cute!

Check my blog this morning..you won!

Whitney said...

Look at how cute you are with your fun Fall stuff everywhere. I love it!
Your girls are beautiful!!!!