I'm still cleaning up from the aftermath, which is hard to do when you want to lie down and have a nap every 2.2 seconds! Said clean up is also difficult when DH(the D is not at all what you think it is) stepped on a thorn that went through his shoe causing his toes to get all wonky and thus requiring medical attention. Almost a week later he is still gimpy and "in pain." I love the guy to death and I am sure it did hurt but I have given birth to two large babies, with forceps mind you, and I've also survived brain surgery that left me with a partially bald melon and an 8 in zipper up the side of my noggin. I'm not sure, but I don't think I "winced" and "oh, I've got to lay down" as much as he has. So, needless to say, everything that has needed to be done thus far has been done by moi! Oh, and he's still job hunting. Can you tell we have been spending entirely too much time together for the past two months?! By the way B, I love you:) Even when you make me crazy! Oh, and thanks for not bitching to the world when I make you crazy, which we know is hardly ever right?!


9 comments:
thanks so much for the comment! i love it when new friends come by! I read your posts and you crack me up! your girls are darling! So-how is the 8 year old liking third grade? School time is the most wonderful time of the year! No tears here for me. Is that bad? does that me make me a bad mom, or just kind of a bad mom. I just love the whole idea of being able to do things without little helpers a little too much to be sad!
glad that your family time was succesful. I know what you mean about being exhausted. i think that is't the whole routine again. It definately makes us moms tired too!
You sound like one tough cookie! I need to be more like you. Here I am complaining about a toothache and you have had brain surgery! You are fabulous!
Ok-I think that I have talked enough-I am a total stranger after all. please, come back and chat some more!
Okay, first thank you so much for visiting me and for your kind words. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who enjoys a little Gossip Girl. And secondly, thank you for the laugh. You crack me up with the whiney hubby. I totally know what you mean. Guys are such babies when they get hurt, but when it is us... they can't understand why we can't suck it up. HELLO!!! We have a much, much higher tolerance for pain than they do. I honestly think they would die if they even had to deal with a cramp. I'm glad you understand my predicament with the male gender. But what would we do without them? Please come by and visit again, and I'll be coming by to visit and listen to more stories. Take care.
Debbie
You said it in a nice way...but I'll be blunt...men are big babies when they're sick or injured LOL!
Well, wel. come. back!!! Boy was I glad to see you comment. It seems like you've been gone for years. Does that sound desperate? :) Sounds like you had a great time with your family. It also sounds like you need a 3 day nap! :)
HI I got your comment. send me your e-mail and we'll chat...I always love to meet another chicago area girl... The KCFM was a blast. Maybe we should meet there :)
I love having company. I also love it when they leave. Even if it's family it can be tiring. Sounds like you had a great time though.
Poor hubby and the thorn injury. My dad had brain surgery and I know that it is NOT EASY. Or anywhere remotely near that. You tough girl you. Guys are wimps. :)
Hope you get to get a nap today!! :) That was too funny!
Hi AJ. Long time no comment. Now I have company. I wish they knew how to have a good time.lol It's my MIL and she goes to bed at 6:30pm so I have to keep the kids and dogs quiet. No fun.
I'm sorry your hubby is feeling needy. I knew the D in DH meant something totally different. :-)
Company is wonderful, but as wonderful as they are, there's nothing like having the house back to yourself! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time!
Post a Comment