Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 2001


Seven years ago I watched as the second tower was hit. Sydney sat in her high chair while I watched and listened to the horrific details unfold on Good Morning America. I was panicky as Bill was in Chicago for the day. I was able to get ahold of him and his building was already being evacuated. No one really knew what was going on, whether a big city like Chicago could be hit next. For the next several days, weeks, I was glued to the tv. I will remember this day until the day I die. It is momentuous for more than one reason. The day before I had had a D&C after having my first miscarriage. On the first anniversary of 911 I watched my grandma die. I cried for the families still grieving. I cried for myself.




4 comments:

Tanya said...

((Hugs)) We just watched a documentary on tv about 911 and it all came back...so hard to watch!

Anonymous said...

All I though about yesterday was Grandma. It is amazing how memories really flood your mind, we want to forget what happened because of all the grief that the attacks caused but yet we want to always remember it. Love you.

Christina, a turkey's momma

Shannon said...

So much heartache surrounds and still surrounds that day. Thanks for sharing.

Desiree said...

It is good to hear other people's experiences of 9/11 but heartbreaking at the same time. It's a day nobody will ever forget but doesn't want to remember.