Friday, January 2, 2009

Back to Reality

The last 10 days have been a whirlwind! It started two days before Christmas when my sister in law Maria and her husband Dave flew in from California. We are lucky to see them once or twice a year so when they do come to visit we smother them until they leave. We basically spent every waking moment with them until they left last Tuesday. While they were here we celebrated Christmas, had a birthday party, played lots of games, ate lots of food and shared many laughs. I miss them so much already! On New Years Eve, Natalie turned 6! Where has the time gone?!
To bring in the new year, we went up north to Wisconsin and stayed with my sil, Rita and her family. It was nice to slow down after Christmas. We stayed in our pj's, watched movies by the fire, read our books, and were lucky enough to have the men stay home with the kids while us girls got out to see Twilight once more before it left the theater♥
Happy New Year!

15 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! My Bro and Sis-in-law to be gave me for Christmas a Team Edward t-shirt! They meant it as a joke, but I think it's my favorite gift! Happy New Year!

Laura :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great holiday! I'm not sure I'm ready to go back to the daily grind yet. It's been so nice having the kids home from school. But, I wouldn't mind a little time to get everything back in order again either.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday! I'm looking forward to things settling down here just a bit when the kids head back to school. :)

P.S. I never did get to try the Polar Express ticket idea you shared from Sandy Toes. I guess I'll have to remember that one for next year. It was a wonderful idea!

Darlene said...

It sounds like you all had a FABULOUS time!

Did you see things you missed the first time you saw Twilight?? I sure did! Now, I can't wait till the DVD comes out. You know they are working on New Moon to come out Dec. 2009....oh be still my heart!!!!!

nikkicrumpet said...

It's so great when family you love and miss comes to visit! I live so far away from mine...so when they come I don't even want to sleep...it feels like I'm wasting time I could spend with them. I'm glad you had such a great visit. And Happy Birthday to the little one!

Marie said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!! Happy new year!

TJones said...

Very cute blog! So nice see other Twilightmoms. And I love Zac Efron too! =)

Shell in your Pocket said...

What fun pictures..cute girls!
-sandy toes

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Wow, what a busy holiday! The birthday on New Years Eve...does she love it or hate it? I can't decide how I would feel, knowing there would always be a party on my birthday, or wishing for a day all my own? Looks like fun either way! :)
Carrie

PatQ said...

You can tell that your daughters love their aunt too. And what is this Twilight I'm hearing so much about? I'm going to have to look into this.

Anonymous said...

Looks like busy but fun holiday! Happy New Year!

Manuela

Femin Susan said...

I hope You enjoyed the new year.

Shannon said...

Looks like a fun New Years!!

I am addicted to Twilight! :)

The Berry's Patch said...

How many times have you seen Twilight now? More than me????? :-)

the undomesticated wife said...

I'm jealous of all of the fun you've been having!

Miss seeing you!