Monday, January 12, 2009

Keeping It Real

Last week I took the girls to get their hair cut. They were both ready for a change. They each got about 4 inches cut off and layers added.
How come no one asks me if I want glitter in my hair when I get it cut?! Natalie, who loves to take pictures as much as me, felt the need to snap my picture as well. When I uploaded the pictures to my computer I saw the mess behind me. Pathetic! Still unframed window that was installed in September! Yes, September!!! My sippable soup from lunch that I couldn't bother to rinse and recycle. Healthy cereal box left from breakfast still waiting to have it's box top cut off. Water glasses. And my dorky self. That's about as real as it gets!
But I have an excuse. AND it's a good one:)

Need I say more?!

I didn't think so!

I'm revamping the books. Again. Acting all giddy like a high schooler when I think of my 22 year old crush. Checking out the fan sites like I don't have a family to take care of. Sshhh! Brandy! Don't you judge♥ I'm not quite where you are yet. He's just too pretty to give up!



We've had a lot of snow this winter. Record breaking amounts. Here's what the latest storm dumped on us. These pictures were taken from inside. I was too lazy warm to go out and take pictures of the kids playing. And apparently we were too lazy busy to cover the furniture on the deck this fall. Keeping It Real.
Hubby keeps a broom on the deck to shovel a path to the hot tub.

And when you get this much snow, you enlist the neighbor girls to help shovel the driveway. Cheap labor. Again, Keeping It Real.

As I type this we are getting hit with yet another snow storm. Gotta love Chicagoland weather. Well, not really! Especially when it causes school to be cancelled!

19 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You get to go in the hot tub in the snow? how fun!

The Berry's Patch said...

You funny girl! And cute girl too!! I love your haircut. I'm getting so sick of my hair. It's too long.

Those pictures of Rob are so pretty, and handsome, and yum, and glorious, etc, etc....

You need Twilight counseling. I think I may start a business for that.

Laura said...

The girls' hair looks so cute! I want to cut mine and am trying to get the nerve to go short. The hubby would not like it though! Oh, the pictures of Rob! Sigh- he is such a dream! Did you know you can reserve your copy of the movie on Amazon! I can't wait! We used to have a hot tub, so much fun when it is snowing like crazy outside! I am so over the snow!

Laura :)

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so cute! And so are you. Brrr! The snow looks too cold for me.

Liz Harrell said...

They're hair looks so cute.. and so does yours! And as far as that 22 year old crush goes... you're in good company with the rest of us. :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Wow, can't believe that snow! I can understand your distraction, though...I finally just saw the Twilight movie a few days ago and Edward is quite distraction-worthy. I want to see it again just to see him! :)
Carrie

cherry said...

Youuu pooor thing you..but you are snowed in with some lovely images of hunkdom. I wish I had a hot tub to go in during this weather. fun. cherry

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wow..look at all that snow..how fun!

Girls are so sweet!
-sandy toe

nikkicrumpet said...

All THREE girls look adorable! And you only want glitter in your hair so you can sparkle like him!

Darlene said...

Morning Angie,

LOVE the hair cuts.....all of you look soooo CUTE!
OK, if you see me stopping by your blog throughout the day I am getting my peeks at Rob aka Edward. He is young enough to be my son but we won't talk about that! I already told my hubby for my birthday (which isn't till June) that I want the Twilight DVD (I'm sure it will be out by then but if out sooner I will have it already) and the book showing the filming of the movie...have you seen it? It looks really good.

About the rug at HomeGoods. I know you can find less expensive ones but we weren't coming up with any we liked. The rug is quite large and retail was $899.00 we paid $399.00 so yes,(I guess) a good deal and we will use it a long, long time. It is thick, plush and very nice compared to our last Lowes rug and I think it was about $200.00.

Darlene said...

Oh, one more thing....I can't even imagine that much snow. We occasionally get a little bit and I LOVE it but I just can't even imagine snow that thick and BRRRRRR!!! The hot tub would be wonderful though!

kristin said...

Did you have a snow day this week? I'd like one for tomorrow...high is supposed to be MINUS 2. That's just not right.

Love the haircuts. Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Just look at that snow!!! I love when people keep it real... I feel normal, smile.

Shannon said...

That is a lot of snow!!

I am on book 4. Jasper and Alice just left a note behind.... Exciting!!! :)

TJones said...

Don't feel bad, Twilight often comes before most of my priorities. =) Got to love you some Rob! And snow, it sucks!

Sarah said...

I need massive amounts of glitter in my hair right now...or something! Cute family and cute blog!

Anonymous said...

The girls look adorable! I haven't even read Twilight yet :-)! My daughter has though.

Manuela

Justine said...

OOh AJ, you've got GREAT hair! And your girls are just beautiful.

Justine :o )

Anonymous said...

ooh you have a sundance hot tub!!!

scared that i know that?

that's what happens when you do marketing for a hot tub company:)