Thursday, April 30, 2009

Life finally seems to be getting back to normal!!

A lot has happened in the last couple of months.


Hubby finally got a job. NINE long months of unemployment. Not the best of times, but certainly not the worst. I too got a job after being at home with the girls for almost 10 years. I'm a second grade teacher's aide at my girls' school. I only work mornings so I can still be home with Natalie in the afternoons and be here when Sydney gets off the bus. I love it and didn't realize how much I missed working with kids!
Natalie taught herself how to ride a bike without training wheels. No help needed from mom or dad:(

Sydney won the Young Author's Award at school.

I somehow managed to lose 25 lbs. of fat that my ass has aquired the last couple of years. 25 down, ??? more to go!!

And my boyfriend graced the cover of GQ;) Yes, I include him like he's one of the family!
If my husband can accept it, so should you:)
I've missed lots of my bloggy friends. Thanks for checking in with me every once in a while to make sure I was still alive:) And to my family and friends who've been bugging me to update-here you go! Hopefully it won't be another two months before I update again!

13 comments:

Laura said...

Yay you are back! I missed you! Congrats on all your good news, I am on my way to losing some weight too I hope I have as good of luck as you did!

Laura :)

I am already counting down to New Moon, getting more and more excited!!

PatQ said...

Glad to see you back. I've been wondering how things are going with you.

Carry Grace said...

Congrats on all of the good things, 2 new jobs, and weight loss are always good things.

I thought he was my boyfriend!

the undomesticated wife said...

Yay, good to see you blogging again!

Great news about the jobs! That's got to be a huge relief for the both of you.

Way to go on the weight loss! How did you do it?

And awesome accomplishments for the kids!

Darlene said...

Glad to see a post from you. WOOHOO on both of your jobs!!! Congratulations on your weight loss....that is quite an accomplishment!

Great job Sydney!!!!!

Jamie said...

Glad to have you back! Sounds like a lot of great things have been happening. You look great!

nikkicrumpet said...

It sure is good to see you back! I'm glad life is good for you guys...Yay to the hubby and your new jobs!

Chris said...

Holy crap! If I take a break from blogging, does that mean I'll lose 25 pounds off my ass, too??? Something for me to think about! So glad you're husband found a job! Glad you're back!

Kristen said...

Good to see you back! 25 pounds - wow, that is great!! Sounds like things are going really well for your family!

BTW - Edward likes brunettes, he's all mine! ;)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Hey girl! It's nice to hear from you again! You look FABULOUS! And how wonderful about your hubby's job too. No fun to deal with unemployment in today's economy, I am sure. Congrats!!
Carrie

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Yea for the good news!

LOVE Facebook! Ha ha Thats why my blog has been so empty these days!!

Hope you had a great Mothers Day!

EtomyB said...

Hmmm... I too am married, and have a boyfriend who looks a lot like yours... this is interesting. Rob has been cheating on us both! I'll let it slide, since we are both also cheating on our husbands with Rob.
Thanks for commenting on my blog! Post something new so I can comment on it ;)
*B

Laura said...

So, I have watched the New Moon trailer like 100 times! Soooooo excited! It looks like it's going to be better than Twilight, and Rob is so yummy! What did you think?

Laura :)